Last year we were faced with a serious drought here as many know. The drought was so bad that the lakes were unable to reach full pool for the summer. In fact, by Memorial Day last year instead of being at full pool we were 485.6 feet. This year for Memorial Day we were 489.7 feet. An agreement was made in the late fall/early winter to not release as much water from Martin Dam so the lakes could fill back up. Here are two pictures from last year and two pictures from this year around the same time and the same place.


And of the lake cabin. I thought I had one from Memorial Day last year but I don't. This is from October 2007 (476.6 feet) and Memorial Day weekend 2008.

Only time will tell what this summer will be like. From the looks of it so far, I'm willing to bet that we will be looking at another drought this year. I hope not.
1 comment:
Oh, wow! What a drastic change from one picture to the other. I hope you don't have another drought.
Post a Comment