
Monkey Girl! Yes, you read that right, her name is Monkey girl. Emily named her. Last week the 4th Build A Bear in Alabama opened in a neighboring town. Emily went to one last year when we went to Nashville with Mike for a conference and she made a new bunny named Fluffy. We thought she would give up Mr. Bunny who is literally hanging on by a thread and is now being mended. Fluffy lasted all of 2 days before she gave her loyalty back to Mr. Bunny.
When Build A Bear opened last week I told Emily about it and she wanted to go. She said she wanted to put Mr. Bunny up on the shelf and build a new one. I thought she really meant it so off we went. She found an adorable pink and white bear that she wanted right off the bat. We waited our turn in the longest line on earth. It was Emily's turn and I just knew that when it came time to add the "fluff" she would bail and go put the bear back just like she did last year. Emily does not like any loud noises of any sort. The lady at BAB told Emily to step on the peddle to bring her bear to life. Emily gave a look of "not on your sweet life am I doing that". I told her it would be fine and that it would be loud. With alot of hesitation she finally did it.
After adding the right amount of fluff, it was time to give the bear a heart. Emily chose a heart for her bear and before the heart could be put in she had to do some special things to it. First she had to rub the heart on her ear so the bear could hear, rub it on her fu
nny bone so he can tell funny jokes, rub it on her eyes so the bunny can see, and rub it on her heart so the bear will always have a warm heart and be loved. Next came the stitching and the bear was finished. Next step was to give the bear a "bath". She wanted absolutely NO part of this process. The bath area made a loud noise and she declined. We had taken some friends with us so Cooper washed the bear for Emily and finally got her to scrub him some. On to making the bear officially hers by giving her a name and creating the birth certificate.
nny bone so he can tell funny jokes, rub it on her eyes so the bunny can see, and rub it on her heart so the bear will always have a warm heart and be loved. Next came the stitching and the bear was finished. Next step was to give the bear a "bath". She wanted absolutely NO part of this process. The bath area made a loud noise and she declined. We had taken some friends with us so Cooper washed the bear for Emily and finally got her to scrub him some. On to making the bear officially hers by giving her a name and creating the birth certificate.As we were checking out, Emily told me to take Mr. Bunny and wrap him up to give to another girl. I was in shock and couldn't believe she suggested it. After shopping a little more and supper we got home and got ready for bed. I put Mr. Bunny up and when it was time for bed, she grabbed Monkey Girl and Mr. Bunny and off to bed she went. I guess I have "sucker" written all over my face because I fell for it. At least she is carrying Monkey Girl around but Mr. Bunny will always have Emily's heart.
2 comments:
Oh Casey, she is so stinkin cute! My boys all love their BAB friends. I can't wait to take Chayli.
So... is she still carrying Monkey Girl around with her?
No, Monkey Girl rests in the bed all day because she's "really tired mommy".
Casey
Post a Comment